Getting hold of ECO funding
Money into your community and work for local businesses
17 June 12noon – 4pm (including buffet lunch and refreshments)
Penrith Methodist Hall, Wordsworth Street, Penrith CA11 7QY.
The Green Deal is the Government’s major programme to improve the energy efficiency of the UK’s buildings. A big part of Green Deal is the Energy Company Obligation (ECO), which forces Energy Companies to pay for improvements to homes that fit into ONE OR MORE of the following categories:
· Low income households
· Hard to treat homes, including owner occupied properties and private rented
· Homes in rural or deprived communities.
ECO is spending £1.3 billion a year. It’s important that Cumbrian homes and communities receive the share of this funding they deserve. ECO projects are already happening across the country and the purpose of this Cumbria-wide event is to
- Inform you about the different components of ECO
- It’s relevance to you as a householder
- As a business, outline the business opportunities supplied by ECO through becoming an ECO contractor and an opportunity to meet Green Deal Providers
- As an active member of your local community, this is an opportunity to not only facilitate local homes to have free or subsidised measures, but also to potentially generate an income for your community.
An event you can’t afford to miss!
For further information and to book your free place, go to www.cumbriagreenbuild.org.uk or call 01768 210276.
This event is organised by Cumbria Action for Sustainability as part of the RDPE programme A Green Deal fit for Cumbria.
Cumbria Action for Sustainability
+ 11 West Lane, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 7DP
01768 210 276